Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Special Guest Wednesday

This week, I'm pround to introduce Cheesemeister as my Wednesday guest. Cheesemeister was asked to define Batty.

BATTY, adj. The description of an individual who turns a blind eye to proper appearances and instead follows their inner guidance to those things from which they find true fulfillment.


About Cheesemeister: Cheesemeister may be the most prolific blogger of us all and needs your help, probably. As best I can tell, her principle blog, The Cheesemeister's Maelstrom of Distorted Bedlam reflects the dark and light of her sense of humor. A fan of death metal music and defender of Iron Maiden, but with diverse musical taste, Maelstrom is cleverly written in the form of a tabloid covering metal bands which I can only pray are fictitious. I'm pretty sure Death Cheese is mostly fictional. And then pray some more. I kind of hope The Lutefiskies are real and that I never hear them.

Another blog of hers, The Freakulosity of Dreams recounts the dreams and nightmares that inform her writing or distract it. This blog purports to be evil and to be prepared to take over the entire blogosphere. That's not a dream, it's real. Lock up your daughters. A third blog, The Nutty Gnostic describes Cheesemeister's take on belief, blended with adult language and amber alerts. A whole community of faith with a single author. That sounds familiar. A fourth blog, The Raven's Realm is a collection of Cheesemeister's poetry. At this point, I have to tip my hat. In all the prolific writing, Cheesemeister doesn't stick to heroic verse but writes sonnets and formal poetry as well.

Now mind you, we're still with the blogs she updates regulatly. Full Moon Rising is a fun site, in which Cheesemeister does comedy. There's a great meme (a sentence I never expected to write here. It was on this blog where Cheesemeister mourned the departure of our own dear friend Lammy. The Asteroid of Amoeboid Fungus is a site dedicated to Cheesemeister's creative writing, although there's plenty of that on her other sites.

Beyond these, there are 12 others. The nether regions of the netherworld world of Cheesemeister can be explored through her profile. I'd like to thank Cheesemeister for being a great guest here.

How to be a guest on this site: To be anointed, I will need your email address and permission. So, were you to send an email to dpascover at mac dot com and say in the subject line something like "OK, ok I'll do it," that would definitely work unless I thought it was spam and deleted it. On an upcoming Wednesday, after posting that week's guest I would then send you an email with a word not in The Devil's Dictionary which you could then spend the next three days writing a definition for and return to me with a graphic or two of your choosing. The only rules are no profanity, no novels and anything else I make up. If you've done this before, I may ask you again if you're around a lot. If you've done this before and not been heard from since, just let me know that you want to be a guest and then disappear again.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're our favorite blogger, Cheesey! Hope you join us soon! Come on down!

Sar said...

Thanks for the intro, Doug. I've seen Cheesemeister around, mostly over at Tom & Icy's I believe.

Cheesey great guest piece. How do you handle so many blogs? Wow!

Batty: The state that Dubya & Co., Gmail, Yahoo, and Blogger drive me to. Taxi!

TLP said...

Sar, that's just a short walk. Just sayin'.

Batty: The person up at bat in baseball.

Hiya Cheesemeister! Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Guest! Excellent Post!

Cheesemeister recently found her way into our Snarky fold, as well... and now we're *really* happy to have her (or scared, we can't be sure. after all, it was our "fart" post that drew her in.)

Batty: Norma Desmond in a pair of out of control false-eyelashes.

Anonymous said...

Batty: Insanity light

Great definition Cheesemeister!

The Violent Vixen said...

hmm... It appears I'm still lacking in the good definition department, but I love your's Cheesmeister!
BTW, I'm going to check out your blog right now. Anyone into Iron Maiden deserves a least a few minutes of my time ;)

SC

Anonymous said...

Batty: A howling good time.

Doug - you had me in stitches..."blended with adult language and amber alerts."

Kudos, Cheesemeister!

Doug The Una said...

Welcome back, D.

Sar, I just remembered the other side of empowerment.

Haha. That TLP!

Snuppy, Cheesemeister is ready for her close up.

Joel, light or wealthy.

Solace, you have many to choose from. I think you'll enjoy.

Good deal, Mule.

mireille said...

That's a cute bat, cheesemeister. It's pink, and has blue eyes. I like bats. Well, I like this one. Because it's pink and has blue eyes. Welcome to GuestWednesdaydom, C. xoxo

G said...

Wow I feel batty just from reading the titles of all the blogs that you write Cheesemeister, but mostly inadequate. I have seen you flying about the blogs and hold out hope that I will one day get who is whom straight in the Netherworld.

Congrats Doug, I believe this bat is quite the Guest catch.

Anonymous said...

"Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy... flight" ~ Batty Davis

Anonymous said...

Batty: My neighbor who is convinced that the lady across the street is a witch who flys on a broomstick. :) She makes good cookies though.

Anonymous said...

I'm with G! That many blogs would drive me batty!! I can't even handle one!

Hey wasn't "OK, ok I'll do it" what I put in the subject line when I emailed you after caving to the charming MizB?

Charlene Amsden said...

All I can say is, do not take the term batty to the Urban Dictionary. You will learn things you did not want to know.

Doug The Una said...

Mireille, what in pink would be ugly to you?

Thanks, g. I agree, Cheesemeister is a great catch. I feel bad for getting tired out by three blogs.

Haha, Puppy.

CJ, careful with those cookies. You've read Hansel and Gretel, I'm sure.

Jenna, the subject was "Peer Pressure" and you called yourself a "little cookie."

Quildancer, I wish I had time. Great plug.

TLP said...

Well of course I had to check out the Urban Dictionary. That Quilldancer!

Batty: A noun meaning arse(rarely used in complementary fashion)
Per the Urban Dictionary. Who knew? Not me.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Doug,
I am entirely overwhelmed! Thank you for the kind commentary! I tend to define myself as a nut case with a lot of blogs, so you have been entirely flattering with your portrayal of me.
Death Cheese would like you to know that while they rarely play in the material world, you can always visit the Netherworld and see them at Ugly Grace's.

Anonymous said...

Oooh yeah. The peer pressure of MizB. When I emailed MizB it said "Fine! You win."

Off to check out Urban Dictionary too. What? I need to be in the know also

Anonymous said...

Upon returning from Urban Dictionary: Oh my!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Sar:
I don't actually "handle" that many blogs. Some of them are badly neglected. I created them because I have bipolar disorder so my mind works overtime. They make me feel like a frog in a blender. Wait--maybe I am a frog in a blender!

Snuppy:
What can I say--I am pretty immature when it comes to humor. Scatalogical humor still makes me laugh. In my line of work, you first meet a person's face, then you meet their butt. So you have to have a sense of humor about it! (I work in a retirement community, so I deal with a lot of people who have digestive problems.)

Everyone else, thanks for your kind thoughts! I'm still overwhelmed by my 15 minutes of fame. :-)

Indeterminacy said...

I recently stumbled upon the world of cheesemaster's blog and loved it. This post is also a great "Hitchhiker's Guide to Cheesemaster's Blogs," Maybe hell is not so bad after all?

The Boy from S.A.C.A.D.A. said...

I red there are 55 millians of blogs i bet atleast a millian of them belong too Cheesemaster

Ariel the Thief said...

I've just learned from this post that Lammy has gone. Icy has gone. and Doug now says Dead Cheese is only fiction. I am sad. things will never be the same.

Cheesemeister, I've always loved your posts on Tom & Icy and Lammy, sometimes you are just too funny. cool guardian bat you have!

The amoeba said...

The Asteroid of Amoeboid Fungus? But that's a highly classified datum of protozoology! Top Secret Ultra! How Did She Know?!?

Greetings from the wilderness of Narragansett Bay, where I'm stealing a few computer minutes ..

Kyahgirl said...

Cheesemeister, nice to meet you.:-)
I've enjoyed your batty presence at the Asinine news and Tom and Icy's blog.
Doug, that was a good write up. Once I tried to figure out who Cheesemeister was but got totally confused and somewhat awed by all the blogs this wingnut produces!

tsduff said...

Cheesemeister, I've enjoyed slightly getting to know you by hanging out at the Raven's Realm, as well as seeing your well put comments here and there. I love bats - watched a billion of them come out of the Carlsbad's bat cave in a huge swirling cloud into the dusk. Loved the meme - I'll have to try it myself. A pleasure to meet you more formally. Thanks Doug - I loved your choice of guest for today, and you did a swell job tracking down all her special talents.

Anonymous said...

after the fourth blog listed I passed out.

batty??????

Sar said...

Wait, what, Ariel?? T&I and Lammy are gone?! Noooooooooooooooo!

Btw, Cheesey, "In my line of work, you first meet a person's face, then you meet their butt" made me laugh loudly.

And TLP, true may be a short walk, but we're talking walking in stilettos here. Just sayin. ;)

robkroese said...

Crazy in a mostly, but entirely, harmless way.

robkroese said...

Sorry, I meant:

Crazy in a mostly, but not entirely, harmless way.

G said...

I hate to break up this cozy Guest Wednesdy Cheesemeister, but I fear if I don't alert you, your blogs may suffer the same fate.

Please read on before you call me batty.

Minka said...

batty... the wife of the little dude, that lives next to Fred Flintstone?
and that´s all I ´ve got. Hit me over the head with it!

Cheesemeister....welcome and FYI: whenever I see your profile picture in the comment section I have to think of American Pie ;)

Doug The Una said...

Me either, TLP. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Cheesemeister, thanks for being a guest. Nuts are not unwelcome here.

Jenna, did something just make you gasp? That must be wicked.

Cheesemeister, you get a day. Stretch out.

Indie, bring your towel.

Good point, SACADA. With 100 of her, the rest of us could quit.

Ariel, I'm trying to keep up a brave face about Tom & Icy being on hiatus. They'll be back. I just know it.

How now, O Ceallaigh?

Kyah, I think I know her now.

Thanks, Terry. I'm not sure my survey is complete. She may have even more talents.

Cooper, I understand. It's daunting.

cilckety-clack, Sar.

Diesel, a harmless error.

G, do I seem sinister to you?

Minka, I'm pretty surprised you don't know the term. Actually, Betty and batty should both be familiar.

Anonymous said...

Great definition, Cheesemeister, and I'm impressed with your prolificness--and that you can spell "scatalogical." I will have to check out your blogs later on.

(sorry you lost that bet, Doug. I usually read the comments more carefully than that. heh. I would've had to google that song, too).

Logophile said...

And here I get worn out neglecting two blogs, clearly I am an underachiever, good thing I am complacent enough not to let that bother me.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

batty - Barry Bonds on steroids.

Doug The Una said...

Actonbell, I think you threw the fight. It is impressive to spell scatalogical by memory, no?

Logo, complacency has been my salvation as well.

Poobah, nice pun. I won't ask what you're on.

Hobbes said...

Good job, Cheesemeister. I did read this before, but didn't feel I had much to say, since battiness could never in any way be connected with the Weirsdo family or our productions.