Friday, July 23, 2010

Legislator

LEGISLATOR, n. A person who goes to the capital of his country to increase his own; one who makes laws and money.

2010 Update: A member of a legislature, and representative of the neighbor. The legislator may propose, oppose or dispose the laws authorizing, limiting and defining the tyrannical and inquisitive branches of government; may conspire or enter into conspiracies as the hours in the day and longevity allow; and may identify the conspiracies of others as necessary to promote domestic anxiety and explication. The third person of government and the plural.

Happy birthday to Mo'a

7 comments:

TLP said...

Am I allowed to curse? Can't talk about legislators without doing that.

Happy birthday Mo'a!

Anonymous said...

LEGISLATOR, n. What is it? 535 of them back in DC that are money grubbing, palm greasing, I'm better than everyone else idiots that only care about their constituents when it comes time for an election. Turds. But don't get me wrong. We still have a wonderful system of checks and balances.

Hau`oli La Hanau to Mo'a :) Hope it's a great birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Moa!

legislator, n. because a briefing needs a reader

Mo'a said...

Thanks Doug et al for the Birthday wishes.
I may be ?? old but my left eye is three days old...Wow!!! what a beautiful world.

P.S. Thank you Doug for never forgetting my Birthday...and for the Icelandic greeting on my blog...I am impressed :)

quilly said...

LEGISLATOR, n. one who lives by the "do as I say, not as I do" golden rule.

Happy Birthday, Mo'a!

Doug The Una said...

TLP, the editorial standard is "sonsabitches" or milder.

Thom, I don't get you wrong. A wonderful system of politics polluted by politicians.

Very good, anonymous. That's just the service rendered.

Hope it was grand, Mo'a. My best to Paloma.

Quilly, you can use that definition for every profession, pretty well all the way down the book.

cooper said...

legislator: Ican't say it better than you Doug, not this time.

happy belated Mo b-day.