Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hot Breath on a Red Neck

That darn Dddragon tagged my butt again. While I figure out how to block her IP address, here's my response to "say 20 things about yourself"

The words all apply to me somehow.

Four, adj. & n. The number of things there actually are about me. And the number of colleges I attended on the way to getting a bachelor's degree.
Ohio, n. The state in which I was born and spent the first and most productive ten months of my life.
Cuss, v.t. To express with irrelevancies the most urgent compulsions of the heart. I cuss a fair bit, just not here.
Misanthropic, adj. Gregarious toward stone, wind and beast.
Belly, n. The reservoir of accomplishment.
Scholarly, adj. Like, whatever.
Online, adj. Employed but not well.
Canine, n. Long in the tooth and quick with the tail.
Bible, n. A foundation of faith supporting the houses of heresy.
Lutheran, adj. Able to recite The Brief Order of Confession, Small Catechism and the Powdermilk Biscuits song.
Midwestern, adj. Able to judge corn by its silk and women by their denim.
Californian, adj. Eastwardly mobile.
Southern, adj. Precisely constructed of baling wire, barbed wire and prayer. (as southern engineering)
Road, n. The home to the misplaced, displaced and ornery.
Multilingual, adj. Possessed by more than one tongue.
Sobreity, n. The outward expression of inner toxicity.
Gladly, adv. In the manner of someone who appreciates a cause but not its purpose.
Tonedeaf, adj. Only too happy to sing for you.
Executive, adj. Well-compensated for allowing the efforts of others.
Recalcitrant, adj. NO MORE TAGGING ME!!! I'M TELLING MOM!!! (but I'm flattered you thought of me)

16 comments:

dddragon said...

I think this may be the most interesting tag I've read! You put WAY more work into it than I would've expected.

It only makes me want to say MORE!!!

Doug The Una said...

Dddragon, I couldn't do less for you. Now quit! I'm sure I'm paid to do something.

Anonymous said...

I agree with DDD. You really rise to the occasion when tagged.
Pansi liked your definition of "scholarly."

Doug The Una said...

Grr. By the way, Weirsdo, I plagiarized myself in my definition for Ohio. Do you recognize it?

I'm glad Pansi was pleased. I do try.

Doug The Una said...

Thanks. I'm tri-ignorant. I can speak German and Spanish when I need to. I read & write in English but don't speak it.

Doug The Una said...

Ooops. missed you, a4g. No, but I've seen it. Dddragon wouldn't do that to me.

Doug The Una said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TLP said...

Well, that was very original. And the best job I've seen on this tag-thing.

Also, you completed the tag, but told next to nothing about yourself. bravo.

dddragon said...

THAT's why I said MORE!

Doug The Una said...

Thanks, TLP *bowing*

Dddragon, if people want to know more about me, they should go to my diary blog. Oh, wait. I don't have one. Wonder why that is.

Tom & Icy said...

It was quite original how you shaped it into your style. Great.
I image you as a young child at night with the covers pulled over your head and a flashlight reading your favorite book, the dictionary.

Sar said...

Doug - all I can say is you sure know your target audience and, like the postman, you deliver. Impressive as always. :)

Doug The Una said...

Icy, when I was a young child at night with the covers pulled over my head my favorite books were my children's bible, D'aulaire's book of Greek Mythology, Sherlock Holmes stories and The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. There's some real bio material, huh?

Here's why the covers were over my head. I always liked cold weather. The year we left the apartment in Chicago, we moved into 100+ year-old house across from the Illinois Central railroad which was the only time I had my own room until I was a teenager. I really liked the cool weather and left the window open. When winter came that year, it came hard and the wood expanded and the window was stuck open. I like to have froze to death until Spring and every morning when I got up, my first chore was to shovel the snow out of my bedroom.

Doug The Una said...

Sar, I'm trying to think of a mailman joke but they're all dirty.

Lila said...

I just noticed this post now! Great job! Actually, I learned some more stuff about you... it's all in there, subliminally.

Doug The Una said...

Yes, Aral, I'm an enigma wrapped in mystery. A tootsie-pop among men.